Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

General info for my rig

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:54 AM

What up everyone! [yes.... I''m a newb] but hopefully you''ll be able to help me out anyways. I have a ''92 ((Rodeo)) 3.1L V6 4WD with front manual locking hubs/5 speed. I originally bought it from a guy who had bought it from a police auction in San Francisco..says a lot right?.. There wasno info or any records withit and it wascheapso of course it came with a bazillion problems. I love my rig though, so my thoughts are I''m going to fix it up enough- getting it running great for both off roading andhighway driving. I am alsoleaning more towards the off road look since she came with the spare tire rack on the back and a huge brush guard in the front. The engine has close to 120K (bought it at 112K) so by the time I''m finished upgrading her I was thinking that I would actually take the time and money for an engine swap.

So far, I''ve replaced missing or heavilydamaged interior parts: glove box, console, seats, ash trays, the heater, radio, and one of the door panels including the window. On the outside: I took off that horrid purple tint, put some BF Goodrich''s on her, havereplaced the radiator, fixed an exhaust leak and a misfiring piston. I know later on down the line the clutch, tranny, and 4x4 will need replacing along with whatever else.

I am just looking for general information on what upgrades and/orswapspeople do with these rigs or if there is any advice or suggestions I''d be happy to hear about. Also, I''ll get some pictures of her up here asap.

* She came with mismatched rims too and I was trying to figure out if the Rodeo''s can have swapped rims from another SUV of the same chassis with the locking hubs?

Thanks!

Old 01-09-2009, 07:55 PM

The 5 speed trans and t-cases in these are pretty tough. Change the fluid once in a while and they last a very long time. The gm4l30e automatic transmissions however are much more fragile. Clutches can last a long time too, some have over 200k miles on theirs. Mine was replaced at 88k miles because previous owner didnt know how to drive a 5 speed.

For lifts and stuff check out independent4x.com Matt is a good guy to deal with. Also check out planetisuzoo.com it a very popular isuzu site with lots of members, most of whom build up their rigs for offroading.

The wheels are a pretty common size. 6x5.5 lug pattern which is the same for mitsubishi, nissan, toyota, and gm though gms usually have a smaller center hub hole.