Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Fan belt help needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 07:28 AM

Hi everyone,

Im new to this forum and from australia (that will make a difference to instructions I need wont it?). I am female and dont know much at all about cars, but am sick of my lazy ar_se husband and am taking things into my own hands. I am quite capable and love to pretend to be a tradie or something for the day and fix something. Its a good feeling, so I am going to do this.......

My husband and I own a 91 Mu, which hasnt been driven in 12 months or more due to hubby gettinga new car. I drovethe Mufora little while until the oil cap blew off, and then the fan belt fell off.

The oil cap issue is fine (though I dont know what it means that it keeps coming off, it isnt a original isuzu one though) but I have no idea at all how to put the fan belt back on.

Im trying to sell it and need to get the belt back on so it can go again so any instructions would be helpful. I have googled but cant seem to find anything.

Also wondering what could possibly happen to the engine if I started it and drove it about 10 meters without the fan belt on?

Thank you, Moochy.