Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Engine Roars

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 09:07 PM

I have a 2001 Rodeo with 83,000 miles which had a rattle from the engine on
reving. problem was traced to a bad fan clutch, unfortunately the fan
bracket broke the day I bought the replacement fan clutch from autozone.
The autozone replacement fan clutch was smaller and doesn't seem like it
fits like the original. It allows the fan to be further from the shroud and
seems like it is noiser than the original fan. It definately seems louder
than the original fan clutch. I am tempted to return the autozone fan clutch
and get another as this one doesn't seem to work as stated in the literature
that came with the replacement.(Stiff when cold and not noticablely stiffer
when hot.)

I have also replaced the water pump, timing belt and a idler pulley which was
noisy. The engine runs great otherwise except for the loud roar at about
2000 rpm when shifting.

Any ideas!!?

Old 04-20-2006, 01:15 PM

Sounds like your fan clutch in not dis-engaging. It's faulty.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:12 PM

i have the same problem but my fan never broke, i was thinking

of getting those after market proformence fan that frees up horsepower.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:01 PM

I would consider dropping the clutched fan altogehter and running an electric fan. Apparently it's easy to do, but I have yet to figure out what is entailed. My buddy is a mechanic and told me that we should do it and he would show me how. When I find out, if I do it, I will post it. I do know that my old86Mazda pick up had a clutched fan and it was a recipe for overheating because it never really worked right.

Old 04-21-2006, 07:03 PM

Thanks for the replys!

The fan did not break. The alloy casting thatmounted the fan assembly broke at the top bolt hole. This was probably caused by the stud that mounts the assembly breaking flush at the engine. this meant I had to first remove the broken stud(a disaster), buy a replacement fan bracket( $227.00 special order from Isuzu).

I was about two miles from home and limped home with out the accessory belt operating the alternator, power steering and etc. I was amazed at how much smoother and quieter it was without theaccessories running. Down right eerry.

To repair the stud I had to take the timing belt covers off and noticeded the a small amount of weeping from the water pump weep hole so I went ahead and ordered a new waterpump, and timing belt. The Idler pulleys (accessory and timingbelt sides)felt a little gritty so Ireplacethem also.

Every thing else was nice and smooth feeling. It always has roared since day one when shifting gears, which I attributed to low gearingand a manual transmission.It takes off smoothly in second gear from a dead stop in traffic so no problem.

The aftermarket clutch definately seems likes it is way too loud. theIsuzu version is over $100.00.( autozone $65.00)

I thought about the electric fan too, so let me know how that works if you try it!! and whereyou got thereplacement parts comes from.

Old 04-21-2006, 07:13 PM

The carhas beenextremely reliable with the exception of replacingtheAC compressor at 60,000 miles and a rear shock at 30,000 miles.

Extremely powerful and torquey engine.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:48 AM

I finally got around to replacing that aftermarket fan Clutch with the new style factory clutch and fan. Wow, I am happy again!!The parts need to be about half the price though. Sure enough the factory and aftermarket (autozone) clutcheshave direction arrows indifferent directions.I wish I had caught this right after I bought it.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Banned

Toshiba Cuts NAND Production 30%: Will it Help?| Early this week Toshiba announced an immediate 30% reduction of NAND flash production. This is implied to be their effort to stem recent price declines. A recent blog post in The Memory Guy takes a deep look at this from an economics viewpoint and presents some numbers that imply that such a move may create difficulties for Toshiba. Some simple math in the blog post leads to the conclusion that this 30% reduction will cause idle capital equipment depreciation to increase Toshiba’s production costs by 21%. Given that Toshiba’s production costs are the lowest in the industry and are on a par with that of Intel and Micron’s IMFT joint venture tag heuer replica watches this looks like a tolerable step. After all SK Hynix and Samsung with far less advanced production than Toshiba are in a much worse position with today’s very low NAND pricing. SK Hynix’ production costs are estimated to be roughly 70% higher than those of IMFT or Toshiba swiss techno master replica watches and Samsung’s are a whopping 82% higher! Will the production cut make a difference? This is unclear. In the past many manufacturers have hinted at production cuts but have failed to follow through. It is hard to convince investors that idling capacity will result in price increases great enough to offset cost increases. Furthermore since Toshiba alone is cutting production a.lange sohne 1815 replica watches its market share will decline. If prices fail to increase substantially the company’s 30% output reduction will compound with the 21% cost increase to greatly reduce Toshiba’s return on its NAND investment. There’s not much motivation for the company to actually take this step. Furthermore since Toshiba appears to be the only NAND flash maker planning to reduce production an ensuing price rise will help their competition by reducing pressure on their margins without their having to reduce their own shipments. In other words Toshiba will give up market share to benefit the market as a whole. It would make more sense for the company to continue to produce at their facilities’ peak volume and to support pricing that was unattractive for the higher cost manufacturers perhaps motivating them to exit the business. This path is spelled out in another Memory Guy post: Why DRAMs are Like Steel. Objective Analysis watches this market carefully replica watches and provides consultation and competitive analysis to our clients for their strategic advantage. 0 comments graham chronofighter oversize titanium swiss replica 0 called-out