Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

CURT trailer hitch review.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Default CURT trailer hitch review.

Just recieved my CURT trailer hitch off of EBAY for $119.00 shipped and installed it tonight.
For the money I am very happy so far, pretty good finish on it and great fitment as far as bolt hole allignment.
All the hardware that came with it worked great also, especially the nice wire/spring tool included to reach the one mounting bolt inside of the frame rail. Only real pain was getting the 2 spacer washers in on the 3 bolts on the drivers side.
After torquing everything down it feels real solid without any give or flex. The only complaints I have is now the rear license plate will not clear the hitch so I have to make some custom spacer brackets at work tomorrow.
And the hitch sticks out a bit far for my taste not too clean of a look but I figure it needs to be that way to clear the bumper and the spare tire.

One tip I might add is before you use the factory pre-welded nuts on the frame you might want to run a tap through them so they are clear and clean to accept the bolt easier.

Also took a good look for frame rust while I was under there and so far so good I appear to be 100% rust free .