Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

1998 Rodeo after blown head gasket replacement..

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Default 1998 Rodeo after blown head gasket replacement..

Hi,

Has anyone have any experience of having their head gasket replaced and operating the vehicle after repairs? Does it still run good? For how long did it last?

I have read online that the 1998 model is prone to have blown head gaskets.

I have a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo, 134K miles, coolant in spark plug well #4 & 6. Mechanic says its a blown head gasket. Offers to repair it, send the head to the shop for resurfacing and compression tests. He said, after repairs the engine will be almost as good as new and will still run good for a couple of years. Is this true?
He will be charging me a small fortune so I just want to be sure I will not be wasting my hard-earned money.

Also, from time to time, while the vehicle is running, transmission jolts (as if hard gear shifting).

I was hoping anyone can give me some insights. I love the vehicle and I am planning to have it lifted and get bigger off-road tires if the car will still last for a couple more years, hoping to take it for some off-road trail adventures.

Thank you.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:55 AM

How Will You Choose The Best Charter Bus Services?

If you are making plans for a big trip with family or friends, you certainly need a bigger vehicle that can accommodate everybody. It should have more than enough space for all of you for a comfortable journey. The best solution to such a requirement is a charter bus. There are several service providers available who offer such services for your trips. They not only provide you with a vehicle but also help and assist you in your travel plans and arrangements.

So, how will you search for a good charter bus that will cater best to your requirements? What are the steps you must follow to select a vehicle that will suit you and your plans best? Below are some instructions which will help you understand the basic points you must consider before you select a bus or hire a service provider:

1. The local association for carrier safety administration will be able to help you in finding safe and reliable carriers available in your locality. These safety agencies are important parts of the department of transportation. Hence, they have authentic information about companies dealing with various vehicles. They have a list of all such service providers who are qualified to do their job.

2. Apart from the above, friends and acquaintances also help in providing referrals. You can talk to them about any service provider they know or may have hired recently for travel purposes. They can provide you with details of their experience with their service provider, the drivers and throughout the entire journey.

3. Search the web, look into relevant information directories for contact details of charter bus companies available in your locality. From this and all of the above, shortlist the ones you think can cater to your requirements best.

4. Once you have located the best few, meet the concerned staff personally to understand their services better. You can even browse through their respective websites for all such details. Contact them and discuss about their prices, check the size of their vehicles and the number of people they can accommodate. Also find out about other amenities which they provide and you may require during the journey. Ask about the conduct of the driver they will provide. Most importantly ask about valid insurances as well as required safety inspections for the vehicles.

5. Compare all such details of the different companies you had shortlisted. Select the one you like best for your trip.

The above will not only ensure that you have selected a reliable service provider, but also assures that you will be able to relax and enjoy your journey entirely in the charter bus. Dallas is home to some of the best companies offering excellent travel solutions.