Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Baby on the Way Need Help Please...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 03:03 PM

Hey everybody. i have a 2wd 98 rodeo and i am trying to fix it up before my baby comes in December. I have readmost of the pastposts for rodeos and have gotten alot of good info.I even got my CEL to turn off by cleaning out the EGR tube which was totaly blocked up. Thank you Isuzuguru and Gizmo42 u guys give out alot of helpful suggestions. My suv still has an eratic idle which causes it toeither shut off imediately or start with ahigh idle 2500 rpm.Like many others,I have had to keep my foot on the gas to keep my carfrom shutting off whencoming to a stop.One week the car will be very problematic and thenbeOk for sometimesa week or two. I also have the ABS ilight on and it rarely shuts off (I heard there was a recall). When I took my rodeo to autozone toget my codes read. Igot codes 101 MAF sensor and 401 EGR insufficient flow. I cleaned out the EGR so I thinki'm good there and Ireplaced theMAF sensor.The car still shuts off(waste of $100 bucks). The MAFharness looks OK to me (maybe i'm wrong) andI played around with the AIC valve and that looks good too (I don't know). I'm worriedit might bethe ManifoldGaskets, this doesn't seemlike a fun do it yourself job. I tried to listen for a leak in the gasketsand spraying wd40 but its hard to hear anything over the engine, maybe i'm not doingit wright.Can someone pleasetell me what I could expect to pay to have this done at thedealer and/or a shop.Lately my car hasn't been acting up to much, does this make it harder to locate the problem?Is there something else I should check? Isuzuguru andGizmo42 I hope you guys are still around. Any Help would be greatly appreciated by me, my fianceand oursoon to come baby.Thanks so much.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:00 PM

After some searching I have seen where those codes seperatly were fixed by replacing/cleaning the individual parts. But together it seems to be the IMG, unfortunately. I havent had to replace one so dont know how bad it really is.