Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

2002 Rodeo LS Transmission Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 09:20 PM
Default 2002 Rodeo LS Transmission Issues

PLEASE HELP, MY WIFE BROKE MY CAR!!
2002 Rodeo LS two wheel drive. My wife stopped to get gas the other day and after she started the car back up it would not shift through the gears. The code it set was shift solenoid B open. The Haynes manual I bought for the car is about as useful as **** on a boar hog. I had no access to a transmission manual, Mitchell on demand or All Data, so I had to rely on good old YouTube... After watching a dozen or so videos on this transmission I was able to deduce (I thought) the location of solenoid B; not the one on the passenger side, but the one right next to it as Illustrated in a couple of videos. I replaced it, put everything back together and now the car shifts worse than before. Feels like it takes off in first, then shifts to 4th, then damn near threw me out the windshield dropping back down to 2nd. I have to work the next 4 days, 10-hour shifts: 5 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. so I'm not going to have time to mess with it till this weekend. Luckily I only have to drive two and a half miles to go to work. Regretfully I have to drive in 3rd gear at no more than 35 miles an hour or I'm afraid I'm going to blow something up! I would like to blame NAPA for selling me the wrong solenoid, but as per the YouTube video, the solenoid would not have fit in the valve body, because of the tab on it that has to fit a notch of the valve body. So... Ladies and Gentlemen, what did I do wrong and how can I fix it?