Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

2002 rodeo alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 02:20 AM

Been racking my brains on your anti-theft issue. You could have a bad unit, wire or diode. Kinda hard to check these things without my Fluke. Make sure the fuse in the dash fuse block (CB-20) 10A, is good. Then check the diode there as well. For the most bit, the wires don't give much problems unless they have been moved aound carelessly. You may just have a bad unit, but I'd try to make sure of all options before getting one.

Your rear end noise sounds almost like classic slip yoke in the driveshaft. Nothing safety wise to worry about, just a slip/stick situation. You can fix it though.

Remove shaft, index shaft, remove clamp, remove yoke, clean thouroughly, drill air hole in end of yoke one drill bit size larger, lube with Red Crown grease, reinstall yoke, use plastic tie strap to seal boot on yoke, reinstall shaft.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

most all the isuzus ive worked with.the keyless entry system is the alarm.when you lock the doors with the remote its armed.if the doors are opened any other way the horn goes off.now one question.....when you try to arm it with the remote does the horn chirp more than once.if so the system sees an open door switch or tamper switch..as for checking the controller.there are pinout charts that isuzu has also you will need a schematic on the whole system.to check all power points grounds an all switches.also if you lock the doors with the key an wait a few seconds until the red light starts to flash its armed...does it do this?the keyless entry controller is behind the glove box,the one thtas laying flat not the upright one.i think gizmo pointed this out to you already.i havent really notice the interior lights coming on until one of the doors are opened i never seen them come on with just disarming thte system.

/Edited by: ISUZUGURU

Old 08-15-2006, 08:40 PM

Thank you all for your responses. When I unlock the doors with the remote, the horn does not sound. The little red light blinks when the door is opened then goes out after approx. 10 secs. All the door switches and hood and rear window switches work. If I try to arm the alarm with anything open it sets off the horn. I've had the alarm box behind the glove box out but there is really no way to test it. Nothing looks burnt or disconnected. I just think the module is bad. As for the rear differential, I don't think that the noise is coming from the drive shaft. The noise is definitely coming from the rear. Like I said, I added some conditioner and it helped. Someone told me it's the limited slip differential that's slipping when I come to a full stop then let go of the brake.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:12 AM

I checked a 2002 Rodeo the other day, and the dome light does come on with the RKE. I never paid that close of attention before niether.

I do suspect the anti-theft/keyless entry unit as well.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:13 PM

I'll go to Isuzu and price one out and see if it's worth replacing. What can you tell me about the drive shaft assembly. What's under the rubber boot? And where do I have to drill a hole?

Old 08-16-2006, 08:39 PM

I would check www.car-part.com or www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com/ for a used anti theft unit. It seems rare for them to go bad and the stealership will want a fortune for one.

The rubber boot on the drive shaft covers the slip joint. The grease inside can dry out or get displaced. There is a how to at http://forum.planetisuzoo.com/viewtopic.php?t=4669 for regreasing it. The pics show an older steel drive shaft but the newer aluminum one is much the same.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:30 PM

Thanks for the info Guys. As far as the alarm system is concerned, it may be cheaper to have an aftermarket system installed. The rear differential is definitely the noise culprit. The slip joint is solid. No deflection there. Besides, I gave it to my wife. She loves it.