Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

2002 rodeo alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 01:38 AM

Howdy all. Got a ? for ya. Anybody know where the alarm control box is located? Doors lock and unlock but no alarm functions. Also interior lights don't come on when doors unlock. Any helpful advice would be appreciated. Also, does anyone have any info on rear differential. Mine is making a noise when coming to a stop.

Old 08-07-2006, 01:47 PM

what do you mean the alarm doesn't come on? If you hit the door lock button on your transmitter and try to unlock the door with your key, the alarm should go off. Have you tried that?

Old 08-07-2006, 08:23 PM

Nope. There is no alarm system activated when you lock the doors. Just have a keyless entry system.

Old 08-07-2006, 08:50 PM

I've never seen one with keyless entry and no factory alarm. Both functions use the same box. Remove the glove box door, look to the right and you should see a black (color may vary) box mounted horizontally. That is the "anti theft and keyless entry" control.

Look at the pic by rodeovyn about half way down this post http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...thread.php?t=2 23464&page=5

That should give you an idea of what you are looking for. The box mounted above it verticaly (red in the picture, color also varies) says 'alarm' on it but it is actually the buzzer and relay control. Has nothing to do with locks or alarm.

Now for trouble shooting try this. Open one of the windows. Use the remote to lock all the doors. Wait a minute or 2, then unlock the door with the window down using the manual lock on the door. Then open the door, the alarm should sound. The system is designed to alarm if a door is unlocked and opened by any means other then the key or remote.

Edited by: Gizmo42

Old 08-08-2006, 03:21 AM

I have a factory alarm system. It just doesn't work. I'd like to find the box so I can see if it is repairable. The web site you gave me don't have any useful info, just someone with an alarm problem.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:32 PM

hmm.. the link got messed up I think. Should be a pic of the box in question. Try this..

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...464&page=5

The box you want is the black on in the pic with the green plug on it.Edited by: Gizmo42

Old 08-08-2006, 09:28 PM

OK. I found the box, I took it out but I can't see anything wrong with it. Do you know of anyway to test it? Maybe there is a way to enable it? I don't know. Any help is greatly appreciated. Are there any Isuzu mechanics oin this forum?

Old 08-10-2006, 01:21 AM

Here's a brief description of the Anti-theft system:

The circuit consists of the starter switch, anti-theft &
keyless entry controller, anti-theft horn, front door and tailgate key switch
(detect and tamper) switch, door lock actuator for each door, engine hood
switch, clutch start switch (M/T), ANTI-THEFT indicator light and mode switch
(A/T).
The system operates as follows: After locking the starter
switch and removing the starter key (this sets the alarm), if the door is
unlocked in any way other than with the proper key, the headlights start
flashing, the horn sounds, and the starter circuit is disabled. (However, the
engine hood and all the doors must be locked and closed.)
Once the system has been placed in the warning or alarm
condition, it can be released only when the starter switch is shifted from "OFF"
to "ACC" by the starter key, or when the lock of the front door or the tailgate
is released (to activate the detect switch) by the starter key.
If you run the test Gizmo42 gave you will see if it operates as designed. If the park lamps flash but no horn, check your normal horn operation. I believe on your model, it had no seperate alarm horn.

If the test does not work, (no lights, no horn) you may have a bad Anti-theft, keyless entry unit. They are not (normally) repairable. If you replace it, you have to program the remotes to the new unit.

Old 08-10-2006, 01:22 AM

Now, what kind of noise do you hear from the rear end?

Old 08-10-2006, 12:04 PM

All the door switches work. The horn works, the lights work. The interior lights are supposed to come on when the doors are unlocked with the key fob but they don't.The system just won't arm itself. As far as the rear differential goes, I put some conditioner in it and it helped but it still occasionally slips after you've come to a full stop then come off the brakes.

Quick Reply: 2002 rodeo alarm system