Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

1993 rodeo no power to fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 02:52 AM
Exclamation 1993 rodeo no power to fuel pump?

ok guys, so i have a 93 rodeo, it ran before i parked it but needed a new clutch.. replaced the clutch and now it wont start. there are wires on the transmission and i dont remember how they go, all of the wires that had designated clips to go to got connected, but theres some other wires that are plug type and have a male end and a female end and there are little rubber boots on them, anyway im getting no power to the fuel pump it seems like. im getting spark, the relay is fine, fuses are fine it cranks and will start for about a second or two sometimes and then dies. the truck has low miles on it and it should be running, there has to be somthing electrical wrong with it. i drained a half tank of gas out of it thinking that it had been sitting so long that the gas went bad and that wasnt the problem, i also replaced the fuel filter. i also hooked up a constant power to the pump to see if it worked and it did. but even with the constant hooked up it still would not start. im stumped guys and i really dont want to take it to a shop. if anyone can help i would greatly appriciate it, its my only vehicle and ive put so much into it to try to get it to run and it just wont. i dont know what else to do