Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

04 Rodeo, need a key made. Tire Pressure dummy light.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Default 04 Rodeo, need a key made. Tire Pressure dummy light.

How can I get a key made for my 04 Rodeo? The pop a lock guy said that I would need a PIN from the dealer. How do I get that PIN?

Also, my low tire pressure dummy light won't go off even though there is adequate tire pressure in all the tires.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Default Any Luck? 2004 Isuzu Rodeo 3.5DI

I seem to be having the same problems as you.
I had an allignment done on my 2004 and my monitor light came on as well. The allignment shop didnt have a clue.
I got a hold of some service people that said you have the use an electronic device to reset the tire pressure monitor system (tpms).
I have looked and looked for a manual way for me to do it to no avail.
Firestone thought they had found a way for me to activate the learn mode for the system but I was never able to make it work.
They told me to -
-turn the ignition to the on position with car off
-pull parking brake
-turn parking lights one and off four times within 4 seconds
-at that point I should hear the horn beep twice (now in tire learn mode)
-start at drivers front tire and let air out of tire until I hear horn beep
-go to passenger front and let air out until beep
-passenger rear next
-then driver rear
-once it has beeped at each tire the system is set and tires are registered
-turn off the ignition and air up all the tires to proper inflation
I tried this and never got the learn mode to activate

Dealer says only way is with a tool (they use the tech 2 tool?) $56 bucks
I havent done it yet, too pissed at the moment. This means if I rotate my own tires I might have to have the system reset. Who wants to pay $56 bucks after rotating their own tires. Freaking blows.

I have also had difficulty finding a replacement key, mine had the keyless remote built into the key. I bought my rodeo used, one key was fine and the other had no electronics in it. After all the research I have done I dont believe they make a direct replacement for this. I have found fobs for the keyless part but I dont know if I can use a regular blank.
My manual (and dash indicator light) says I have the imobilizer which reads to me as I need a key with a coded transponder built into it. I looked in the key that was missing they keyless remote electronics and I didnt see a transponder, it opens the doors and started the car. Go figure.

As far as dealers go, I called the old Isuzu dealer here in town that also sells subarus (Isuzu.com listed them as an authorized repair center). Their service manager didnt know that they were an authorized service center or Isuzu. WTF. How would they not know this. I finally got a hold of a dealership that acknowledged they were a service center 250 miles from my house.

I love my car but I am mad at Isuzu for leaving us high and dry. No where to get reliable information about my car, no good resource for oem parts, Chilton and Haynes didnt bother making a repair manual for my 2004 with the Di engine, probably since it was the only year they used it and the last year for the rodeo. Looks like I will be joining every Isuzu forum I can find just to keep the thing going. Who wants to pay someone for work that you could easliy do yourself.

Oh, and as a final thought. Anyone that has had a problem finding a trailer hitch for their 2004 Rodeo with the 3.5 DI engine, I have finally overcome that problem.
U-Haul carries one that fits and clears the exhaust resonator (the reason every hitch manufacturer says theirs doesnt fit). The part number is 78172, that is for the 4 wheel drive model, not sure if the 2 wheel model is different, you can check at http://store.uhaul.com/hitches.aspx
And the ugly U-Haul sticker easily peels off . $150 bucks I installed myself, easily. Beats the dealers price of 250, if you can still find them. It was a round tube hitch with a step, doesnt hang out any farther than it needs to clear the undermoun spare tire.