Pickup Talk about Isuzu Pickup related topics here...

90' spacecab.Any ideas on how to get better mileage?

Old 11-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Default 90' spacecab.Any ideas on how to get better mileage?

On my truck I have a FuelMaster magnet and a tornado intake system.
I use my truck as a city service vehicle. meaning I am constantly moving my truck short distances and while working I have to leave the truck running to power the caution strobes required for me to use. the truck runs great and has been taken care of. But even with the additions I only get around 16mpg. this is hard to calculate seeing as to how the truck sits and idols a good part of the time. Does anyone know of anything else to do to get the mileage up?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:07 PM

your at about max on the truck in town like that. your just idling too much in town to get too good of gas milage in anything. And as far as the tornados and fuel magnets goes throw them in the trash they are nothing but snake oil and i have seen first hand that the tornadoes decrease your fuel mileage by making the air less dense and turbulent which equates to lower flow of air at a given pressure and thus makes the whole intake stream less efficeint than it would be without a piece of tinfoil in the air stream. However it's your vehicle and do what you will. If you were really serious about getting better milage you could try adding another battery to the vehicle so that you could shut it off when you are sitting so as to conserve fuel.