Amigo Talk about Isuzu Amigo related topics here...

help. tps? injectors? any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 02:32 AM

I've recently run into a problem, see if this hits home with anyone, and if you have any ideas on what the problem is, please...share.

Whenever I get in to start my Amigo, it turns over...starts for half a second then cuts off, after doing this several times, I must push the gas all the way down and let it wind high and hard until it makes a sort of pop sound, like a backfire, then and only then will it stay cranked. This happens whenever the car needs to be cranked, even after having driven for a while. Dad changed the gas filter. Didn't change anything. He thinks it could be the injectors, but I had someone mention the TPS (throttle position sensor). That sounded good, but all the information I've read about the TPS mentions nothing about hard starts...only mentioning a rough ride and idle. Neither of which is a problem once I've started the car. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated, simply because cranking my car takes about 2-3 dollars in gas at a time...and we all know gas is getting out of hand $$ wise.

THANX, Charity [img]smileys/smiley5.gif[/img]

Old 11-16-2005, 02:58 PM

Charity,

In my section of my hi im new this person sent a message saying the following... i copied your comment and posted where he was talkin... but here is what he says...

ISUZUGURU

im new too this site also,so far its pretty cool. iv'e found out about this site from some of the customers who bring there isuzus to my dealership.they print out the info an give it to the service writer for additional info on fixing there vehicle.most of the info is pretty accurate.ISUZU has a similiar web site but its only available too dealership personel.and we talk to the enginers about concerns.it made me wonder where are these pepole finding this out?so i loged on one day an read all the questions an concerns...an i started replying back also....being that i,m a isuzu tech...i thought the info i can give can be very useful for pepole,mostly so they wont get tooken advantage of from BADDD shops.an save money from the wrong repair.so good luck to everyone an enjoy your ISUZU'S

Old 11-16-2005, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

check my answer in the hi im new forum charity...my latest post...i explained it there.if someone else gets there before you do,check anyway..i thought it was missbehavins truck.....[img]smileys/smiley3.gif[/img]

wrote my comment in the wrong place....sorryEdited by: ISUZUGURU

Old 11-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

so youre a service writer? or a tech?

Old 11-16-2005, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

a technician