New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

Just bought my Isuzu

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 04:29 PM

Hey everyone!! Just bought a 99 Isuzu Rodeo last week for my wife and our soon to be new daughter. Seems like a nice vehicle, she loves it!! I come from a background of mainly VW, my current other car is a 1997 VW GTI Vr6 that I've had alot of fun with over the past 6 years. Time to grow up though and get the SUV. Everything seems great with the truck, just a few things I didn't notice when buying (maybe some of you know what the causes are)

Biggest thing for me to figure out before summer, the climate control always blows hot...even with the a/c and selector on coldest (keep in mind its about 28 degrees here too) Is this a symptom of the control unit, or something else??

Only other problem I have is with the rear wiper, kind of works for a minute or two, then it gets stuck and makes a bit of a vibrating noise.

Anhow, the truck was made here in my hometown, so I guess I'll chalk future reliability to how much I trust my neighbors and their work [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img] Thanks for having me on here...I'm going to search around and see if I can find out more about my vehicle!!

Old 02-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forum!!

Old 03-17-2006, 02:04 PM

Hi 99zu. I'm new here also. I got a 99 Rodeo a few months ago too. It's a 2WD. I like the way it drives/handles. Sorry-enough about mine. You need to get a repair manual (factory). It's worth it! Ebay worked for me. It sounds like the cable or rod isn't connected to the flapper for heat in the heater box, and it's stuck closed for full heat. The book shows a good picture of the system. As for the rear wiper, mine had a bad control unit(for the rear wiper so you can't run it with the window or door open). The rear door trim panel comes off easily. It might be a bound up motor/driveshaft for the wiper(dirt). The safety control unit is located in the right kickpanel area-it's orange colored. Good luck-Jim.