New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

Hi folks! Here to talk up isuzu's legendary reliability!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2021, 03:35 PM
Default Hi folks! Here to talk up isuzu's legendary reliability!

Hi folks! Hope your all well. My first time here, i found these forums due to a long list of problems with my 2010 Isuzu rodeo 3.0 4jj1.

The newest problem on my 130K miles truck is an external leak dripping from the front left (if you were looking at it standing from the front) of the head gasket.

Isuzu tells me the head gaskets rarely fail on these 4JJ1-TC engines, and i am experiencing no power loss or smoking. Just coolant dripping and covering my alternator. The weird thing is, its also climbing above the head gasket and making a mess over the outside area of the timing tensioner, an inch higher. How is this possible?

I've pressure tested the cooling system and it holds pressure fine, only leaks when after iv'e been for a drive. No power loss, no smoke. Is there anywhere else it could be coming from ,causing it to roll down the side of the head gasket and onto the front of the engine?

Iv'e already removed my EGR cooler and blocked that off thinking that may have been the cause, it wasn't. Trying to avoid an expensive bill here as iv'e already spent 3000ish british pounds fixing crappy issues on this old truck already this year. I'm pretty competent fixing and rebuilding engines, but this has me stumped.