New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

sorta new here

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:29 PM

I''m not new to the trooper just new here. Have a 90 listed forsale in the classifieds on here. Just getting rid of it and making room for my 02 se-r. Got tired of cooling problems on the trooper and it sat for about 2 years. Got the head gasket problems fixed which seems to be the problem on them and now it could usr some lower end work (i.e. bearings). After $1500 in work putting it all together and fixing this and that on it, I don''t want to put any more into it. I''d do it myself but in the past 2 years I''ve had Kidney and Pancreas transplants. I can''t keep doing the "fixing cars" thing and I don''t plan on paying someone else to. I''m now a member on here and have been a member on www.myspecv.com, www.b15sentra.net, and www.corollaracing.com.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:45 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for having me on this forum. My name is Guy and I''m in the Tucson,AZ area. I have a 1992 Rodeo 4x4,3.1 engine, A/C,5 speed, and manual hubs. I call it "Drippy the Sieve", because when I bought itw/ 200,000 miles on the clock, a lot of the fluids were leaking: the pressure hose for the power steering, the oil pan from the skid plate being high centered on a rock, the radiator hoses & water neck, and the heater hoses are AWOL because the previous owner said "it was leaking". I''ve got 223,000 on the clock now and everything is repaired except the heater hoses. (Getting kinda cold-need the heater.)

I have the Helm & Haynes manuals for this truck. The Helm is kinda vague on the heater hose replacement section and the Haynes uses a 3.2 engine for illustration. I have no clue as to the routing of the hoses. There is a pipe plug in the rear of the right cylinder head, is this for one of the hoses?? Any help;drawings or photos of a 3.1 engine heater hose routing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance,

Lefty249