New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

Hello All

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 06:39 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
Greetings,

Finally, an Isuzu site where I can catch up on the latest Trooper Gossip. I owned a 2WD Amigo that I bought from a friend in Idaho for $300.Igave my steal deal to a fella that needed a ride in the worst way. Last yearI picked up a 92 Trooper LS in Portland for $2200. Really like it so far - handles great - mileage, not bad for a 3.2 4WD, Lots of cool gadgets on it - pretty innovative actually. 168K, been steadily fixin' the "check engine" light stuff. Want to snorkel it &amp; lift it for off road. I am a little disappointed that it can't be body- or suspension-lifted due to being an automatic. I was told that I can go to larger tires on the stock rims and that will give me "some" clearance - not sure what that corellates into in inches. If anyone knows of a lift kit that can go on the A/T Trooper, I sure will appreciate the info.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>
Thanks for the Forum.

Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Banned

Steel Patek Sets World Auction Record | A world record for a stainless steel wristwatch was set at the Nov. 11 auction held in Geneva Switzerland by Antiquorum a leading horological auction house. The unique 1926 Patek Philippe watch--with single-button chronograph vertical registers and pulsometer--was sold for $1 129 500 to a private Swiss museum. Another record was set with the sale for $$685 400 of a Breguet & Fils pocket non-gold chronometer with jumping hour hand Peto cross escapement and four-minute tourbillon regulator. The buyer was also a private Swiss museum. Also noteworthy was the sale of a spectacular astronomical three-week weight-driven 'resonance' double pendulum wall regulator with two independent trains created in 1800 by eminent Parisian horologer and royal clockmaker Antide Janvier. The buyer replica watches who paid $924 535 was F.P. Journe Invenit et Fecit a leading independent Geneva Switzerland manufacturer of complicated mechanical luxury watches. (Journe and Harry Winston this year co-produced Opus One a collection of very limited luxury mechanical watches). The acquisition of the long-case clock Journe told auctioneers is a 'tribute to Janvier and create a historic link between Janvier's research and today's accomplishments in the application of resonance in horology tag heuer slr chronograph replica watch ' a study in which Journe also specializes. Other standouts included the sale of a rare 1826 Vacheron & Constantin 18k 'grande et petite sonnerie' clock-watch with quarter repeating and visible works (sold to the Vacheron Constantin museum for $35 fake breitling watches 000); five Breguet documents (purchased for $128 fake maurice lacroix pontos gmt watches 579 by a Middle East collector); and a masterpiece by German watchmaker Alfred Helwig (of Glasshutte Germany): a rare 1927 slim gold keyless double barrel one-minute flying tourbillon regulator pocket chronometer with 36-hour power reserve (sold for $412 112 to a private U.S. collector). The total amount raised at the horological thematic auction--a concept developed by Antiquorum--was $11 replica cheap corum watches 270 924. The auction focused on precision and complicated timepieces and the collection of Thomas Engle a renowned research scientist and collector of timepieces especially those of legendary French watchmaker Abraham Louis Breguet. The section on precision and complicated timepieces made $7 342 420. The auction of the Engel timepieces reached $3 926 505--double their estimated pre-auction value. During the auction some 1 800 people viewed the live auction broadcast on Antiquorum's website (www.antiquorum.com ) with 52 registered for bidding online. Overall 'I was struck by the euphoric atmosphere and fierce bidding of the sale ' says Osvaldo Patrizzi Antiquorum chairman. 'From a commercial standpoint it was most interesting. A watch is now seen as an objet d'art and the results demonstrate that beautiful pieces always sell well even in difficult times.'