New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

Куплю лицензионный Windows

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 06:02 AM

Куплю Windows Куплю Office -2003/XP/Vista sosoft@bk.ru
и другое ЛИЦЕНЗИОННОЕ ПО Microsoft
предложения на е-мейл sosoft@bk.ru

Old 12-07-2012, 06:21 AM
Banned

<h2 class="ir">Who's saying what
Six episodes in and I am desperately in love with this show. Beheadings incest intrigue and breasts. Its got everything!
lukeryan
Sometimes a film or show is so long in the making that you could swear it had already been released many moons ago.

So it was with HBO's Game Of Thrones which I am reasonably sure I was watching teaser trailers for at least a year ago if not more.

It should be known that I am a sword and sorcery nut: I play Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (formerly we insisted upon playing 1st edition AD&D and have recently and begrudgingly moved into the 21st century at the urging of our Dungeon Master replica gevril and started playing 4th edition D&D no A).

Not only that but I play World Of Warcraft and I am a card-carrying Lord Of The Rings fanatic (I own - well made - and have worn a Nazgul costume.

If you met me in real life you'd probably steal my lunch money and/or flush my head down the dunny.

Anyway it goes without saying that sword and sorcery type fare has never really been par for the course when it comes to television - save the odd SBS nightmare about the witch trials or (pfffftt) Merlin fantasy doesn't really seem to wash with the box.

Leave it to HBO then to take a punt on an adaptation of George R. R. Martin's medieval fantasy series A Song Of Ice And Fire.

Game Of Thrones will screen in Australia on Showcase from July and the good news (I got in my magical internet helicopter and flew to America to watch the first episode) is that it'll be worth the wait.

Well bvlgari watch worth the extra wait on top of the wait we've already had.

In any case the interlocking plots and bloodlines of the show are (as you might expect) quite complicated so here's the gist courtesy of a 25-minute behind the scenes feature from HBO:

As is now the norm for HBO series the show is blessed with a ripper cast led by Sean Bean as Eddard "Ned" Stark the Lord of Winterfell as well as the brilliant Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister and Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister but the cast is uniformly pretty great.

Perhaps in line with the emerging thread of big-screen fantasy taking a darker turn (i.e. Black Death ebel replica which coincidentally also stars Bean and the like) zenith defy classic replica watches Game Of Thrones is alternately gory mens cartier tank americaine replica watches ribald and bleak - it's no toodlep-pip ripping yarn with a few half arsed witches.

Within the first few minutes you'll see a village full of dismembered bodies and a beheading before the opening credits roll for the first time. Great!

Will it lead to an avalanche of medieval fantasy on television? Probably not (all those horses are expensive after all) but that will just make it all the more special.