New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

Friggin new guy

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Default Friggin new guy

Hi folks,
I am a new, first-time Isuzu owner looking for a helpful community that I can be a part of. I am picking up a 95 Trooper Limited in a few hours, and will doubtlessly have lots of questions. Hopefully I can answer a few as well, though most of my car knowledge is basic or specific to 2nd generation Mazda RX-7s. There is an extensive enthusiast following for those cars, which is well represented online, so my hope is to find something similar for Troopers. If this is not the place (looks like a bunch of recent spam and unanswered questions), and there is a livelier forum or something, please point me in the direction of that, too. Really, I'm not a mechanic, it is 2009, and I bought a 1995 Trooper with a ton of miles on it for around $2k USD, so I'm going to need help, haha! The plan is for this to be a daily driver for a year or so.

The Trooper is my first Isuzu, my first SUV, my first time paying cash for a car, and my first time second guessing a car purchase before it is even finalized! I've always liked Troopers though, as well as Rodeos, and it seems like they can run like tanks for a long time and handle the NE-Ohio lake effect snow and unplowed roads I have to contend with. Plus this dang thing has no rust on the body and little on the frame since it hasn't seen much salt. So with all that, and all the equipment and cargo space, and my Subaru lease ending, it seemed like a fair decision. (Oh God... what did I do!?!?)

...anyone home?

Sean