New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

new guy from Ohio/WV

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 10:29 PM

how ya doin people. New owner here.

'95 rodeo, 2.6L 5spd 2wd. it belonged to my stepmother for years. Got it for free. basically, she ran it into the ground and said F**K it.

Told me, if i get it running again, its mine. Not a bad beater/daily driver/4-banger...So, after a quick walkaround, it turned out to be the clutch. Just got it replaced. Tranny shop said: "well, she sure as hell got her moneys worth out of that clutch." Exact words.

Got it insured, titled, reg'd. Took her to Jiffy Lube since I used to work there, got the works done on it. Oil, Fuel, Injector cleaner, gear oil, tranny oil, air filter, lights, belts, everything. I don't think this cars ever seen the inside of a shop. They discovered bad tie rods, something about the driveshaft bearing but, its loose as hell. Needs tires in the front, due to the wore out tie rods. Allignments gone to hell and stayed there. after that, should be set.

Used to be a Maine car, surprised the underbody rust was very minimal. Thought it would've fell apart in a couple months but, no. I guess it'll last awhile. spent about $900 in maintenance today. thats my Isuzu story.

Just joined here so, if I ever run into anymore problems, you could share my grief. Also, because I feel guilty spending $900 on a beater and not my project car...but thats neither here nor there. Nice to meet y'all.