New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

95 trooper trans out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2022, 05:15 PM
Default 95 trooper trans out?

Hi I just joined the forum. Can someone please help I think my transmission went out and Im not in a position to have it repaired now I need to get to work at least a couple more weeks. Im not sure if its out , the trans light started flashing and it wouldn't go into drive only reverse. The fluid level looks accurate. Im hoping that from the long drive it shut down and maybe if it cools it can be driven on short trips to work can anyone please help with advice?

Old 10-06-2022, 03:17 PM

Hi Travis,
You can at least verify the problem by checking the flash code as the "Check trans" light was flashing it would have stored a fault code in the TCM (Transmission Control Module). Most diag tools wont work on Jap Import Isuzus, but a Tech 2 apparently will, however manually flashing it will tell you the fault. Short out pins 4 and 11 on the diagnostic connector, near left hand foot area under plastic panel, and then turn on the ignition key but don't start , the check trans light will flash a code, eg Flash, flash flash ....gap then flash, flash gap the it repeats flash flash flash etc is flash code 32. Flash gap flash, flash, flash gap then repeat is 13. Google flash codes on Isuzu's it may point to one of three solenoids in your Aisin Warner transmission, something similar but not exactly the same happened to me and I did the research etc and the fix was a second hand 2 to 3 shift solenoid from a transmission repair shop ($50) and a new transmission pan gasket and filter kit ($55) and new TX oil. Worth a look AT. OBD2 Connector :Looking at connector orientate it so it is long at top, read left to right Pins 1 to 8 then left bottom pins 9 to 16.