New Member Area New to IF? Stop in tell us about you...

1998 Isuzu rodeo startup problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 02:34 PM
Default 1998 Isuzu rodeo startup problems

I know nothing of cars really, but I was hoping to fish around here for some help regarding what's been going on with my 1998 manual rodeo. That way when I have someone fix it I don't have to shop around as I'm poor.. Very poor lately when I start it, it turns over almost like it's battery is dead and jumps then if I turn key back and try to start again it'll fire up. The other day I took the key out after turning off and opened door to get out and it states trying to start itself like "duh,duh,duh,duh,duh...duh,duh,duh,duh,duh" it did this for about twenty seconds before it stopped itself. I was terrified as there was no key in it. Then today I took the key out after turning it off and the key and ignition felt hot and I noticed when I opened the doors it beeped like the keys were still in it. The radio beeped like it does right after every time I turn it off, but again with no key in it? Any idea what this could be? If so is it a simple fix like something my husband and I could look up online and do or hire someone cheaply. My second car is currently down with a messed up control arm and I don't feel safe driving kids in it.. This rodeo is my last option for the time being and I appreciate any advice I can use to narrow it down.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:06 PM

Welcome to the forums. You surely came to the right place, there are a lot of info and data about your ride here in the forums. Just use the search option or create a thread for your need.

Old 06-09-2016, 05:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you join us! There's so many knowledgeable people on this forum. You shouldn't have any problems finding answers. Give us more details and photos when you can.