General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Is it necessary to go to school to experience real life?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 AM
Default Is it necessary to go to school to experience real life?

I do like to think my morals are fairly solid, and yes, I wasn't home schooled. But I didn't learn my morals from public school. I learned them from my parents and living my life. I suppose that the latter, living my life, was critically dependent on having normal human interactions. That's how life lessons are learned. So I do think that social interaction is very important. I've known home schoolers who are terrific at providing their kids opportunities for diverse social interaction. As a result, the home schooled kids I've known were remarkably mature and capable of dealing with adults and all sorts of people in diverse situations. In my opinion, they had a better sense of "real life" than kids who are sheltered in classrooms entirely with peers their own age. Those are my random opinions. Don't take them to be worth too much. I'm not a parent yet and I wasn't home schooled. Perhaps others can pipe in.