General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

2001 Trooper tranny fluid

Old 01-27-2007, 08:20 PM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
How do you add tranny fluid on a 2001 trooper 4wd automatic 3.5? I don't want to drive the 60+ miles to the dealer. The problem is every time I take of it slips really hard, but after I get going everything is smooth.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

there are 2 plugs in the pan check the fluid with the engine running.take out the highest plug if fluid trickels out its full if it doesnt you need to fill it with one of those sucktion guns that you can get at any parts store an top it off,sound like you have a seal leak at the accumulator piston cover on the side of the trans if the fluid is low that the most common leak.get it fix quickly isuzus are hard on transmissions it wont take long before you damage it.3000 repair for a 16 dollar seal.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:05 AM

Is there a diagram of the accumulator piston cover? I just had the tranny flushed yesterday, and it runs fine now. One problem, it still leaking a bit. Is this seal something I can do myself, or should I take it to a shop?

Old 02-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

isuzu trans are very sensitive to flushing them,sometime that causes more problems than doing them any good.if the cover is leaking it is easy to replace on a lift,but could be a little challenging on the ground in your yard,there is just a snap ring holding it in place.look on the right side of your trans,that round plug towards the front .....thats it.