Detailing Discuss detailing your ride within...

Hardned adhesive on Dash!

Old 04-24-2008, 02:48 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I purchased a 96 Isuzu Rodeo last year and I love it. This winter though I removed the dashmat that it came with to find that the adhesive from the velcro strips had hardned.

Does anyone know of a good way to remove that hardned adhesive? It looks as though there has been a couple of different velcro stips put into place over top of each other.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 11-12-2008, 11:52 AM

i recently ran into the same problem with my pup the previous owner had put one of those stupid universal drink holders on the dash and when i took it off the velcro adhesive had done the same thing..... now that being said i used this stuff i got at home depot called goo gone, it comes in a non-aerosol spray container and it almost feels kind of oily to the touch, just spray it on the affected areas and be sure to keep an eye on it because if you let it sit too long it can damage the dash, but after about 3-5 min. of standing it pretty much wiped right off with a shop rag, not much force needed really....
and if you do manage to "scuff" the dash for lack of a better definition like i did.... i figured out that a little bit of tire shine gel applied on the area will take care of that once it''s sat on there for about a week (fair warning though that sh*t will make your dash greasy in the meantime) but then after that gel has had a chance to "rehydrate" the dash you''ll be good to go!
i went ahead and included a picture of the area that i did this to on my truck just as a visual reference...
[img]uploads/DJRobE/truckdash1.jpg[/img][img]uploads/DJRobE/mytrucknight.JPG[/img]