Amigo Talk about Isuzu Amigo related topics here...

You came. You looked. Don't be a parasite.....contribute something.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Default You came. You looked. Don't be a parasite.....contribute something.

This forum is what the users make it into. As for myself.....I choose to NOT be a parasite.....always taking and never giving.

What about you? Why not take just a couple minutes to create a post with some technical info or even just your thoughts on Amigos, to help get things started? They're getting few and far between. The few minutes you spend on a post may well be the few minute you get back later in the form of a much-needed response for your Amigo-related issue.

My 1998 Amigo blew the head gasket last Thanksgiving just as the outdoor temps turned cold in this area. I don't have a garage and homey don't turn no wrenches in the cold.

Finally getting around to putting it all back together now, hope to have it running today. The photo was shot the other day. It's just about completely reassembled now. Turns out the head was a bit warped. It was magnafluxed and shaved a bit. The bottom half of the engine was rebuilt a couple years ago with new pistons, rods bearings, etc. It should run pretty good now.

Last edited by Spazzmodicus; 05-30-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Default newbie

Hi. I don't want to be a parasite so I'll try to add something about one of my favorite vehicles: the 1st-gen Amigo. I've had two, and they're great. Solid, reliable, versatile and I wouldn't trade mine for anything. My daughter wrecked the first one, so I found a replacement in Arizona with low mileage, and that was about ten years ago. I've heard that there is difficulty finding used parts at junkyards because many of the older Amigos have been shipped overseas to third-world countries, on account of the Amigo's obvious virtues. It's hearsay, but it makes sense to me.

Here's my problem: my muffler shop says I need a new exhaust manifold, so I was thinking about just putting headers on the thing. What header works best? Any ideas?

Old 07-18-2011, 01:33 PM

How much time did you spend cleaning it? Looks good. Hope its up and running now.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:23 AM

Okay I'm reading your post from June, so I'm not sure if you managed to get the work done, but this I know:

I have a 1991 S 2.6L and had to look around to replace my cracked manifold and found out that there are two types in the States. I made the mistake of getting the one from Canada when I saw CA in almost all the parts shops online. It got sent to me and then the mechanic who did the work educated me on what I had to look for, namely being in California (damn emission stuff) to order the right one. I found a Isuzu parts only shop in Sacramento. I'm at work answering this and when I get home I'll return to give you the contact info. In any case they have a lot of parts if you don't need the manifold thing anymore.

Now you also posted but didn't say what year or model of the 1st generation Amigo. (smile)

Carren

Old 04-07-2014, 07:28 PM

Can I ask what manual you used? My timing belt broke and took out the valves. After a trip to the head shop this winter we started to assemble the engine again. Unfortunately, it appears the head shop did not return all the parts? The thermostat housing and coolant system bypass on the front plus something on the rear of the head. I'm not sure what it is called, but one of the ignition coil bolts goes into it. Can't find parts if I don't know the name! Thanks for any help.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Default Download manual

The only items I know of on the back of the head is the EGR valve and the ignition coil bracket.

But for $20 you can download the full-blown shop manual that has more info in it than you could ever possibly use. If you have a first-gen Amigo then do a search to select the correct manual

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/107871890-isuzu-amigo-service-manual-repair-manual-1998-2003