Amigo Talk about Isuzu Amigo related topics here...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:13 PM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
I just bought a 94 Amigo for a daily toy. It has 151k miles on it. It is the XS model 2wd. It has an off road package, including a wench and step rails. A new top was with the truck. I am wondering something, this truck is spewing white smoke, and at start up water is coming out of the exhaust pipe. Is this a bad head? Also has anyone done or seen a v8 swap into an Amigo? If so, can anyone point me to the direction of a website of some sort? Oh one more thing is this the only forum for the Amigo that is active? I can find any more out there.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 12-04-2007, 08:15 AM

This forum sucks donkey *****. I bet this gets some response though. This forum is as dead as the Isuzu corp is lol.
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 12-08-2007, 01:25 PM

</>
Yo Chris,

Welcome to the forum. I just joined this year as I acquired a '99 Amigo V6 with soft top. I agree, this forum is not as active as others, but I've already read thru some of the previous posts and have gained some vital info. So with that, I intend to at least post my experiences with the hope that it will help someone. Eventhough I don't get responses, I'm sure it will help others.

So I hope you'll stick around as I intend to keep my Amigo for a while and it would be nice to know that someone is at least reading my posts.

Regarding your white smoke, just from Auto Repair 101, it does sound like a blown gasket. But by now, I'm sure you've probably confirmed that.

In closing, I would suggest looking at all the other discussions on the other models on this forum as most issues, problems, and info would also pertain to the Amigo.

Hope this helps.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>

Old 12-08-2007, 01:31 PM

</>
Yo Chris,

I also became a new member to this forum this year as I recently acquired a '99 Amigo V6 with softtop. I would agree that this forum is not as active as others, but I would hope you would still stick around as I have learned much from reading all the other posts. I would also recommend, if you haven't already, read posts on the models on the other discussions as most would also pertain to the Amigo, since most parts are similar.

Regarding your white smoke, I would imagine that it would be a blown gasket as you've already noted. Just my guess, but from Auto Repair 101, that would be a good assessment. But you've probably confirmed the problem by now.

In closing, I hope you would stick around and contribute. I've already learned a lot from the other posts, so I plan to add my two cents when I can to help those who are probably just lurking.

So take it easy man, it's all good. This forum is better than no forum.
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)