VehiCROSS Talk about Isuzu VehiCROSS related topics here...

funny rumble

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 04:52 PM

I have a rumble when i go to start out in my vehicross. Anybody have any experiance with this. I have 90k on it. It is like I am going across rumble strips. Then it just goes away. hmmmmmmmmm

Old 04-05-2007, 12:00 AM

Don't know if this is your problem, plus this is now April 07 so you may have cured it. I own a 01 proton vehicross and all of a sudden it started to have a huge exhaust noise when starting out especially in cold weather and would somewhat disappear at cruising speeds. It took months beforeI found the problem. It turned out to be an EGR valve tube leak at the bottom of the EGR valve on the right rear bank of the engine (passenger side). The downtube 22mm nut off the bottom of the EGR valve backed itself out of the EGR inlet and was causing an exhaust leak that was almost impossible to find. I checked the downloadable service manual from TONE industries and found the culprit. The nut had to be 'finger tightened' due to lack of space between the engine and firewall and then wrench tightened a bit to secure it. Locktite may need to be used since mine loosened 2-3 times afterwards. You can also use a stainless hose clamp directly below the nut to stop it from becoming loose again (trick learned from a vehicross forum member) Good luck, and sorry this is months late but just found your posting. Take care, Scott Harris

Old 01-15-2008, 03:47 AM

possibly a bad fan clutch< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>