Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

urgently need assistance. 99 v6 trooper will not start

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 07:27 PM
Question urgently need assistance. 99 v6 trooper will not start

Hello,
I am new to this particular forum and new to isuzu. I have a 99 v6 sport. a few hours ago it had a critical failure and now refuses to start. here is what I have so far.
2 days ago I started to notice an engine bay tick/knock. Today it became very severe. Engine oil was critically low and I finally had the funds to supply it with oil today. When I took the cap off to fill it I noticed there was a smoke/vapor escaping from the block. This did not begin until I took the cap off obviously. I filled the oil and the truck ran fine, however, it still made an awful racket. I drove home and did a visual inspection, everything seemed legit. I decided that I was going to drive over to pepboys and pick up a bottle of seafoam to see if it would help. Never made it. Got about 150 ft out of my drive way and all hell broke loose. Made a couple of strange noises that I cannot replicate and then died. Would not start back up. Managed to get it pushed to the side of the road where it is resting now.

No CEL.

On my way to get oil this morning it did stall out twice at red lights but did restart.

I pulled 3 codes. p0137, p0157, and p1171.

I am thinking fuel pump maybe? clogged something/somewhere?

When attempting to start the truck it makes a one second half *** attempt but it will not turn over.

Where do I start to troubleshoot?

Going to be spending the next few hours doing some research but I just wanted to put this posting up in the hopes that someone may be able to provide me with the information before I dig through thousands of pages and links.

Thanks for any help,
Have to get to work in the a.m. so I am hoping this can be solved quickly.

- Dave

Old 06-22-2015, 06:05 AM

Their might be a problem with your Intake Gasket.