Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Sunroof will not electronically close on '95 Trooper

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Default Sunroof will not electronically close on '95 Trooper

Hello again, fellow forum members. I now have a new problem with my '95 Trooper... I went to close the sunroof today with the toggle switch, and nothing happened. No forward or backwards motion. I had to use the hex wrench to manually close it. Now it is on the same circuit as the power seats and windows, and those work just fine. So I am guessing that it may be the switch itself? How can I troubleshoot this or should i just leave well enough alone and forget that I have a sunroof? HAHA.

Thanks for the time.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:33 AM

well if your good with tools and electronics: visually inspect first and take digital photos of the switches wire and connectors before you begin dissasembly:
once removed from the circuit test the switch with your DVM next test the connection wires verify that you have the correct voltage at the switch. (found good) next test the electric motor this may have an issue with wear which causes the motor to jamb as you JUMPER the drive motor watch the movement look for smooth travel all along the windows track, things like improperly lubricated build up of grease and dirt or rusted parts. note that there are on some sunroofs a mid stop position which requires a second cycle of the switch to engage continued movement to the fully open position.
I have reworked many electric window movements and the type of motor installed on most of these windows is an armature which is activated by a set of brushes which are spring loaded onto one end of the armature. many times I have found that if I cannot purchase new brushes for the motor I can turn the brushes over or reshape the actual contact point of the brush-to-armature position and get the motor to function for a temporary time while I locate new brushes. I salvage used parts from wrecked vehicles not always brand or model specific lots of manufactures use the same motors in the vehicles they assemble...so even though the salvage vehicle is not an Isuzu you may find a contact brush that can be used as a replacement of the OEM equipment.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:22 AM
Banned

The last time we featured a video of Thomas Prescher people went nuts.? The Triple Axis Flying Tourbillon is really a marvel of modern horological engineering but if we had to choose one Prescher piece to own it would be the Mysterious Automatic Double Axis Tourbillon . This particular creation consists a rectangular case that is mostly see-through except for the time tourbillon calendar and because this is an automatic wristwatch the oscillating weight.? That begs the obvious question of "where is everything else?" Thomas has hidden the rest of the movement within the bezel of this timepiece giving it a totally transparent look.? Symmetry is provided by two crowns one used to wind the watch the other used to adjust the time.? The small round ball between the time-telling barrels is a three-dimensional moonphase indicator.? The calendar function has been integrated into the oscillating weight and the genius of it allows the owner to wear the watch on either side and the display will be accurate. To say the Mysterious Automatic Double Axis Tourbillon is unique is an understatement; it is truly one of a kind.? In fact it marks four firsts in watchmaking: First automatic double axis tourbillon wristwatch with constant force mechanism in the carriage First calendar implemented in the oscillating weight First automatic movement with horizontal rotating oscillating weight First mysterious automatic movement with upright standing main plates located on both sides of the movement. The last time we featured a video of Thomas Prescher replica richard mille watch patek philippe celestial replica people went nuts.? The Triple Axis Flying Tourbillon is really a marvel of modern horological engineering but if we had to choose one Prescher piece to own it would be the Mysterious Automatic Double Axis Tourbillon. This particular creation consists a rectangular case that is mostly see-through except for the time tourbillon calendar and because this is an automatic wristwatch the oscillating weight.? That begs the obvious question of "where is everything else?" Thomas has hidden the rest of the movement within the bezel of this timepiece giving it a totally transparent look.? Symmetry is provided by two crowns one used to wind the watch the other used to adjust the time.? The small round ball between the time-telling barrels is a three-dimensional moonphase indicator.? The calendar function has been integrated into the oscillating weight and the genius of it allows the owner to wear the watch on either side and the display will be accurate. To say the Mysterious Automatic Double Axis Tourbillon is unique is an understatement; it is truly one of a kind.? In fact it marks four firsts in watchmaking: First automatic double axis tourbillon wristwatch with constant force mechanism in the carriage First calendar implemented in the oscillating weight First automatic movement with horizontal rotating oscillating weight First mysterious automatic movement with upright standing main plates located on both sides of the movement. For more details on this amazing piece of kinetic art click here and enjoy the video below! View post: The Thomas Prescher Mysterious Automatic Double Axis Tourbillon Explained (VIDEO)