Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Sad day

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:55 PM
Default Sad day

Well the day finally came. I have been fighting it for more than 2 years. But today, I took my Trooper off the insurance policy and out of my drive way. It was a 96 LS and it was sweet in its day. But lately it has cost me more than I care to admit. I loved that truck. I took really good care of it -but not good enough. It was doomed. It had some really bad oil leaks in the early days - still under warranty for most of them - But I think the engine was flawed. Still, I didn't care. The hydraulic lifters were sounding so loud. I lost the heater two Christmas's ago and last winter was the coldest on record. Still, I didn't care. The fuel pump, two radiators, a new alternator/starter, and of course all of the regular stuff: timing chain, new breaks - I had the tires rotated just 2 weeks ago and had the front end allied. I even had the oil changed just recently. Still, I don't care. It overheated on the interstate. The temperature gage was pegged on hot - It was like licensing to someone when they take their last breath - I couldn't bear it. I knew my husband wouldn’t go for another round at the repair garage.
I have some new car now. It’s just a car. It will never be my Trooper.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:02 AM

That's too bad