Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Random no start problem 93 Trooper

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 PM

I bought this Trooper used about six months ago and had no issues till about two months ago. She fires up fine and strong in the morning and anytime really, but then out of nowhere she won''t make a sound and won''t start. Dash lights come on, headlights stay strong while i turn the key but nothing. No click from the starter or anything. I''ll try repeatedly turning the keyand then suddenly she''ll fire up without reservation. I''ve tried shifting to neutral to start her or back to park. A couple times I''ve removed the key and reinserted it and that''s when she starts but it''s intermittent enough that I''m having a hard time establishing a pattern.

Battery is charging great even under load. I just replaced theterminals and thebattery cablesare solid and clean. I just replaced the fuel filter a few weeks ago also.I haven''t checked the starter yet but I''m used to at least hearing something from that area if the connections are having trouble. My leaning is that this is less mechanical than it is "mental" for this rig. It starts fine for a week or two and then has a bad momentthen shapes up for another week or so. Someone suggested I get her a new ECM but I''d like some second opinions before I replace her brain.

Help me out guys, I''m working on this thing at home so give me some good backyard advice[img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]