Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Parting out first gen Troopers

Old 01-03-2011, 10:43 AM

Happy New Year! I hope you had a great holiday and wish you well in 2011!

Have you had an opportunity to see what others you may have? How much do you figure the shipping will be to 87004? What parts will come with the head? I've got a 4ze1 that had a mechanic put the cam timing out 90 degrees and a lot of the valves are bent. Besides, I would like to have the original cam shaft that was part of the head continue. I need some head bolts and was wondering if those will also be included with the head. Let me know.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 AM

The only way for me to check them would be to pull them off.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:03 PM

Can you give me an idea what is included in the head that you have off? Can you let mew know how much the shipping would be to 87004? Is the head and valves in good shape - no cracks or bent valves? Do the ca lobes look good - no groves, cracks or evidence of lack of oil? Do you have the head bolts? valve cover? timing gear?

Whatever information you can provide would be much appreciated.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:48 AM

The head that I have off had jumped time and has several bent valves and broken rocker arms. I have other heads, lots of head bolts, cams, rockers, etc I could put a head together but do not have one loose in hand ready to bolt on. I personally would recommend taking ANY head to the machine shop to have it checked and/or resurfaced, valve job, etc

Old 01-10-2011, 10:07 AM

Yes, I agree. However, I would like to bring the machine shop the best one that I can to let them make it better. In other words, I would hate to bring them a head with the types of problems you mentioned. I am looking for a later head with a casting number of 3 or 4 and straight valves and rockers. That way, I put the best foot forward sort of speak and the machine shop can only make it top notch.

I realize that many engines are still in the car and I am in no hurry. However, if you have a chance to look and see what you have, then I need a 4ze1 complete head. I am looking at the time horizon of 1 or 2 months to be able to get this car back in the mountains. Perhaps you will have an opportunity to find a cylinder head in a couple/few weeks. Keep me posted, please.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:35 PM

Do you have a trailer hitch for an 89 Trooper? I could also use the parking brake set up, handle, cable, etc. Thanks
Michael

Old 01-13-2011, 09:30 AM

Chyer, It's been in the 10 to 15 degree range lately, so I haven't really been in the "head pulling" mood... I really don't go around and just pull heads to see if they're any good or not. When it warms up a bit, if you want to Paypal me the money I will go pull what I have and send you the best one. Otherwise it really doesn't make sense for me to tear a bunch f motors apart on a maybe...
MikeS, I have an '89 auto that I just got recently that has the whole set up. I haven't looked into it very closely, but it should be in pretty good shape, overall the Trooper is pretty nice. Like I said above I've got snow on the ground right now so if you don't mind waiting a little I'd rather not pull that stuff right now... well, unless you need it right this instant and are willing to pay enough to make me work outside in the snow ;-) I don't have a hitch that's not being used, sorry.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:51 AM

Not a problem. Just give me all the details. Let me know what I'm sending you money for - I know it's a cylinder head, but include that on the invoice and whatever parts and the shipping costs . Also,give me an estimate of when you think it possible to go out and get one. Thanks!

Old 01-17-2011, 08:06 AM
Question

I need the electric motor only of the power window, left rear door of a 1989 trooper. Do you have it???

Old 01-18-2011, 01:50 AM

Hey Johnny, I have an '88 five speed that was missing the center console when I got it. The previous owner put in one of those Wal-Mart jobs and it doesn't fit very well. Do you have any complete, gray consoles? If so, how much shipped w/ all it's fasteners?
Zip is 98826. Can you get pics?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parting out first gen Troopers