Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Looking For Parts

Old 09-09-2008, 04:11 PM

Hi I have posted a few times when problems arise and help is needed. Has always worked because the Trooper is still running ( for the time being at least).

I have a 91 that is in need of a pair of rear brake calipers. Anyone having a usable set and willing to throw them into a cardboard box and wrap with duct tape is encouraged to contact me here or through private email.

I live on Prince of Wales Island in southeast Alaska. There are no salvage yards and only one parts store ( which I cannot afford) on SS retirement. I`m not asking for a donation but looking for used parts to purchase. Thanks and take care. BobEdited by: robert spencer

Old 09-12-2008, 04:38 PM

still looking? I''m going to an auto wrecking yard this weekend.. I know of a few Troopers there (I will be grabbing a front rotor for my 89 RS).

I''d be happy to help you out.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:46 PM

Yes I am still in need of the rear calipers and rotors. A price check from the salvage yard and I would be happyto confirm my committment to purchase. Thanks. Bob

Old 09-13-2008, 11:29 AM

I know the rotors are 30 bucks a piece and I''ll check on the calipers when I''m there today (my guess is 15 or 20). So a total of about 100 bucks, and then shipping.

And you''ll probably have to turn the rotors once you get them.

Let me know how that sounds.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:50 AM

The calipers are what I need most. Rotors that need turned will not warrant shipping costs as I can have mine done here.

My calipers are siezed so I heed a set with free hydraulics. Will be happy to have a usable set. Thanks and take care. Bob

Old 09-14-2008, 09:15 PM

They "Cubed" the Trooper that I went to look for. I couldn''t find any calipers for you, sorry. I didn''t even get my rotors.

I''ll keep checking back here. If I ever find calipers, I''ll post here.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:29 PM

Bummer they scrap good or usable parts. I am still in need so keep an eye out for the rear calipers and contact me if any do turn up. Thanks and take care. Bob

Old 12-20-2008, 05:31 PM

I have a ''92 isuzu pickup with 210,000 trouble free miles, and a 1998 trooper. Realizing the difficulty of finding parts for isuzu''s except from dealers, which are slowly disappearing, too (a good dealer is Zembrick in Madison, Wisconsin who has never failed to get me parts!), and, a wonderful on-line site which you can locate a part for just about any vehicle, including me trooper, is <parts.com> it is an expecially wonderful site to locate parts for vehicles, like our precious troopers, which are no longer in production...try it. I''d go so far to say that, if you can''t find it there, you can''t find it anywhere! and, another valuable characteristic of that site is that they have diagrams of areas of concern for which you may be looking a part up...isn''t cheap, but, as last resort, ''tis the place to go!

Old 12-20-2008, 07:24 PM

I have since located a reliable sourse of parts not far from me in the Seattle area. He parts Troopers for a hobby and prices are cheap.

I bought calipers/rotors for $20 a set ( total $40) and a rebuilt radiator for $35. He shipped everything for very little. I`ma happy camper since all this stuff has been installed. Trooper is in dream like running condition again. I will PM the sellers email to anyone in need. Thanks and take care. Bob