Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

HELP 2000 trooper wiringharness?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 12:59 PM

i recently replaced my crankshaft, rod bearings, and main bearings. after getting everything back together i ran into some problems. the initial knocking noise that i was trying to get rid of was gone, however now when i crank it up the idle is very rough, almost as if the timing were off. i do not think the timing is the problem because when it is put into gear the idle smooths out. as soon as you give it any throttle it starts to act like it does when it is in neutral. when the car is in park and it's acting up the CHECK TRANS, GAS, REDUCED POWER, CRUISE ON, SET CRUISE, CHECK ENGINE, lights com on and flash. if anyone can help please do.

thanks,

Nic

Old 01-20-2007, 03:15 PM

it sounds like you have several problems. with the engine shaking it sounds like the timing is not right, before you installed your t-belt did you rotate your camshafts up to 9 times and let them spring to the correct position the right head should spring to the timing mark and the left head will got to the 9 o'clock position then you turn it 90 degrees to the timing mark. you need to check this first then lets go from there

Old 01-22-2007, 12:16 PM

at my shop i have access to alldata software. it has step by step procedures for pretty much anything. i rotated my cams correctly and the crank is in the right position. i have triple checked the timing because initially we all thought that had to be the problem as well. do you know of anything else that could cause this type of problem? i thought maybe something on the wiring harness could be un plugged or the ion sensing #6 coil could be bad. any thoughts or help is much appreciated.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
number 6 coil is shorter than the rest if its in the wrong place it will set misfire codes.the reduce power light other hand,is a different problem entirly.hopefully you didnt man handle the harness they are very sensitive you could have broken a few slpices esp since the reduce power light is on.also the pcm knows when the o2 sensor connectors are wrong bnk 1 sensor 1 an bnk 2 sen 1.alot of pepole misroute those 2 an it will cause misfire codes.the check engine light will flash everytime you set on the gas above 2000.my guess your proably right,look at your wiring harness closely.esp that bend near the power steering reservoir