Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

Anyone else with a 86 trooper w/ 2.3 L

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 12:53 PM

I'm rebuilding my engine right now, but ran into a problem. I've been marking all of my vacuum and fuel hoses. However, I accidentally pulled out one end of a hose coming out of my fuel pump. I couldn't find a nozzle to attach it to anywhere in the reach of the hose. I'm starting to think that hose is supposed to hang free. Anyway, here's a picture of it. If anyone can help me out, that would be awesome.

[img]uploads/jtheguitarman/D8F78_IMG_1110.JPG[/img]

Old 12-15-2006, 12:35 PM

you probably already know but this hose is only a drain hose for the fuel pump if the diaphragm gets a tear in it . it will let fuel out of the top of the fuel pump to let you know that you should replace the pump. there is a little notch in the right motor mount that this hose should drop through just to secure it so gas doesn't go everywhere when it leaks. when in the right place the fuel will only run down the side and drip on the ground where you will notice it sooner. i've already changed my fuel pump a few times to find this out . am looking for someone who might have an idea about the oil pressure on these motors and what is going on when the pressure drops under 30 and it gets a strange ligth tapping sound when just staying at a certain speed . if you have any ideas let me know. thanks dave