Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

95 trooper missing

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:02 AM

I have a 95 trooper with 167,000 . After replacing the Voltage regulator on the trooper a month ago I have now ran in to a drivabilty issue with the troooper. When cold the truck runs as normal .. But after 15-20 minutes of drivetime no matter what the outside weather condition is the car stumbles/ misfires from 800-2000 rpm. Once hitting the 2,000 and above mark the stumble misfire disappear's. There are no trouble codes present on the truck which it's dlc is located in the dash itself with it's own access panel. I tore up the carpet and kick plate looking at the fuse box puzzled this morning after reading other posts as well as autozone theory of componet location . I have ran a compersion test with all cyls being with in 10 lbs of each other at the 175-185 range . A little low but at least even. I have not done a comperssion when hot due to alum. heads and steel plugs and the issue of thread damage at hot temps. I'm leaning to the way of crank postion sensor . But I don't want to put gold teeth in a dying horse so to speak .. Is there a test I'm missing that I need to complete I have worked with the a/c delco even odd distbless ignition system. all coil packs are firiing and when droping them out there is no red flag as to a cyl not preforming as well as the next. I have no red flags as to the issue. I disconnected the alt in case of a a/c spike from possible diode issue that was a waste of time I'm thinking hairline crack in cps and the inherint issue's that cause'smany problems in other gm's.. Please advise . AS well as cps location unless there is something else I should do frist, .. Sorry Dumb ford guy, Trying to fix wifes truck., to get her out of my car..

Old 10-12-2007, 08:08 AM

Crank position sensor is located in side of engine block behind (not under) the pass side engine mount. I think your engine has the newer style crank trigger with many gaps. The older 3.2 only had 7 timing slots, but I don't know if the CPS is the same....check online at myisuzuparts.com.

It is bigger than GM CPS and held in by one bolt with an electrical connector that unplugs.

Good luck, one guys opinion