Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

94 trooper running ROUGH

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Default 94 trooper running ROUGH

Hey all,
I just bought my first Isuzu! I love this thing, however i have some quirks.
Driving it home it would not get up to speed unless i feathered the pedal and it was very slow to get up there.

So i amused a plugged catalytic converter. Had the shop run a diagnostics on it. The ERG valve was bad, and the Coolant temp sensor was bad. At the shop they had cleaned the EGR valve to get me by. Driving it home it ran AMAZING!

I put a new EGR valve in. Didn't drive it right away so didn't know if it was even better. I washed the truck and put some of that diesel fuel treatment in to clean the fuel system (diesel fuel cleaner doesn't hurt gasoline engines) but i think i put too much in maybe?

I also washed it, n i opend the metal fuel door to wash the inside of that and there is that rubber guard to catch the gas...does that go to the tank? b/c if so i would have water in my system EEEK.

Also when i put my new ERG valve in i cleaned out the line with choke cleaner..any effects?

This truck is running ROUGH. shaking at all speeds except coast. won't get up to speed to save my life, anything over 50 if i can get it that high is a death trap. Is this b/c i put too much cleaner in? Water? My oil pressure is almost 0 when at idle.

Sorry for such a long post, just so many variables between working and not

Thank you so much
- Noah

Old 05-10-2010, 09:58 PM

hi Noahmoss
After viewing Ramzooms fuel tank pictures it looks to me like it has a over fill spill return tube next to the inlet..
this is only a guess: but i believe if your Diesel treatment contains ALCOHOL it has allowed water to mix throughout your fuel system. water will normally sink to the bottom of your tank causing it to immediately and permanently stall leaving you stranded.
if this is the case, that would explain why your trooper is still running.. by siphoning a small sample of gas you should see suspended water in the fuel .. .. like i said (this is only a guess)
i hope this helps