Trooper Talk about Isuzu Trooper related topics here...

1994 Trooper Door Speaker Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Default 1994 Trooper Door Speaker Wiring

Hello everyone,

My girlfriend just got a used 1994 trooper and I wanted to help her replace the stock radio and speakers but I am having difficulties. Here are a few concerns...

When looking at the old wiring harness for the radio, I understand what all the color coding is... right front, left front, etc... but when I took out the speakers in the doors, there is "2-way Co-axial" wiring inside the doors. Meaning that the main left and right speaker wires are getting split somewhere along the line to power a separate tweeter and woofer set-up(2-pairs of + and -). Is there an amp or cross-over somewhere in the dash that's easy to access?

Because I was unsure, I decided to rewire the doors for my new speakers without using the existing wires. The big problem I am facing now is...how in the world do I get the wires through the doors and into the chasis of the car or vice-versa!? the hole where the wires should come through is covered by a huge assembly of separate wire harnesses and some sort of circuit board or junction box for these hundreds of wires(this is the right door, btw), and I cannot get anything thru. Do I need to remove all this to feed the speaker wires? And will this be the same on the left side as well?

We live in costa rica and I can't afford to mess anything up...parts are soo expensive here.

Thanks,

Josh