Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Trying to improve ride comfort

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 07:59 PM

My 99 rodeo is a bumpy ride, speed bumps toss the rear end even at low speeds. Thinking about putting on Monroe shocks. Is this a good idea? Is there a better idea? I don't off road really, the only rough riding is when it snows and the odd camping trip.

Old 03-19-2007, 06:19 PM

200% improvement. Changed out for monroe sensa traks. bought from canadian online retailer british something or other out of ontario for 57 each, very helpful.

Front's were a snap to put in, but rears were a bitch because the top nut is so close to underside of body and after 7 years of wear they were not easy to undo. Glad to help with anyone attempting same themselves.

Turns out rear right was leaking, and all the rest had little resistance if any.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:56 PM

If you haven't already DO NOT PUT MONROE SHOCKS IN ANY VEHICLE!!!!! Twice now I have replaced my factory shocks with Monroes and have had nothing but disappointment and frustration. On my 99 Rodeo I replaced the shocks and three months later were cursing them because they rode worse that the old ones. I ended up going sending them back to Monroe andhave had no luck with warranty, evenafter I pulled them out and found the front drivers side leaking oil. I replaced the new monroes with Old Man Emu +1 suspension lift. All this consists of is 4 shocks and two new coils. You can go further and replace the torsion rods but not necessary. The ride is much firmer but it rides better than the monroes and brought the vehicle up 1 inch over stock. It also corners better and is more stable riding. With the monroes I found my steering wheel wondered all over when driving, but problem solved when I put the new OME System in. Most likely the rear springs will be the bigger problem over the shocks. Good luck

Old 03-26-2008, 01:43 AM

I also installed Monroe shocks a few months back. So far I have no complaints about their product. I do feel that perhaps there shocks may not be the smoothest for the Rodeo. < src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" ="text/"></>< ="text/">_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>