Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

secret compartment, 92 Isuzu Rodeo

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Default secret compartment, 92 Isuzu Rodeo

Hey gang! I am restoring a 92 Isuzu Rodeo. I recently discovered a lockbox in the center console under the plactic tray. I was hoping the ignition key would open the lockbox but it looks like a smaller mailbox-type key is a better fit. My question is: Has anyone else here encountered this problem? Also, What methods have you used to open the compartment short of damaging the lockbox. I know I can hire a locksmith but I am trying to do this on a budget. Thanks in advance and have a great weekend all!

pyro

Old 06-14-2021, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by pyro
Hey gang! I am restoring a 92 Isuzu Rodeo. I recently discovered a lockbox in the center console under the plactic tray. I was hoping the ignition key would open the lockbox but it looks like a smaller mailbox-type key is a better fit. My question is: Has anyone else here encountered this problem? Also, What methods have you used to open the compartment short of damaging the lockbox. I know I can hire a locksmith but I am trying to do this on a budget. Thanks in advance and have a great weekend all!

pyro
I acquired a 92 Isuzu rodeo a few years ago. While doing some cleaning I came across the same compartment. None of the keys worked that came with car. I was in same boat as you. We ended up destroying the lock to get in. Once you do though you can easily replace the lock.

Old 08-03-2022, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by pyro

pyro
yes, mine has one too but i was lucky enough for the key to be on top of the box. bought it used guess no one ever found it. im also looking s gear stick 5speed boot. where are you getting your parts