Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Running only on Cly.2,4,6

Old 02-23-2006, 01:20 AM

I hav an 1999 Rodeo witha 3.2 4x4. it only runs on 2.4.6 . i get no idle change with 1.3.5 . when I disconect the coil or the injector. and the plugs are full of carbon and wet.. gas. Compresion is good 150.in all 6 cylinders.

I hav even swopt good coils and plugs. and still no help.....

what might be the cause.

please any HELP would be appreciated Thanks....

Old 02-23-2006, 02:43 PM

I forgot to mention that I hav a code P0300 RANDOM MISSFIRE.

Old 02-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

THE COMPRESSION SPEC YOU GAVE IS LOW FOR THAT ENGINE,HAVE YOU CHECKED TIMING YET? ALSO ONE OF THE CONVERTERS MAY BE CLOGGED TAKE OUT THE FT O2 SENSORS AN SEE HOW MUCH POWER RETURNS.DO ONE AT A TIME SO YOU,LL KNOW WHAT SIDE IS BAD.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:00 AM

ya thanks I'll try that.... not too sure what the O2 may half to do with it but o well. I'll giv it a shot.... thanks agian..

Old 03-02-2006, 01:54 PM

Compression readings are reletive. It will read alot lower for instance in Denver then it will in another city at sea level. As long as all cylinders are the same reading or close it then it should be fine.

I dont really have a suggestion yet as to why one bank isnt firing, but will look into it when I get home and have my manuals then will post back if I come up with anything.

edit: Look under the power steering pump. There should be 3 wiring harness connectors. I beleive the signal wires for the coil packs go through a different connector for each bank. Check that the contacts are clean and the connectors are seated properly. To me it sounds like one bank isnt getting a signal to fire or the positive/ground wires for that side arent connecting.

I have never had a plugged cat converter so dont know the symptoms of that.
Edited by: Gizmo42

Old 03-03-2006, 12:38 AM

Hay thanks for the imput.

Still loking . Ihave a power signal with the key on and a good groung. the plugs look lik there fireing just not enough. there full of soot. if they weren't firing then they would be clean ... please help. gonna change the crank sensor and see what happens...

Old 03-17-2006, 11:17 PM

I changed the crank position sensor and that did not resolve my problem.. some one please help mi

ght I have a vacuum leak somwhere...

Thanks ....

Old 03-18-2006, 07:44 PM

I posted links to this thread on 4x4wire and planetisuzoo. Alot of knowledgable ppl there. Hopefully they come up with a solution.

I noticed a typo in my previous reply. I meant to say power steering pump resevoir not the pump itsself.

Old 03-20-2006, 11:08 PM

Hi,

I have a friend that had the same problem with the v6 in his Fiero. It turned out there was a fuse for the injectors on each bank of the engine. The side of the engine that was misfiring had the fuse blown. He replaced the fuse and had power from all 6 cylinders. Check the fuses for the injectors and see if there are 2, one of them may be blown.

Scott

Old 03-22-2006, 02:49 PM

Havent gotten any replies from the other boards for some reason.

Found this on a Hyundai site while searching for plugged cat symptoms (not that I doubt thatis the problem, just never encountered it before)

Hyundai has had its share of no-power complaints. Most of these complaints are on older models with high mileage. Oftentimes, these problems will lead to a plugged catalytic converter. It’s not unusual that the first symptom the customer gets with a plugged converter is a no-start problem. Diagnosing this problem on a Hyundai can be a little trickier than on other nameplates. Normally, you would expect a plugged exhaust to always be plugged. Sure, they will get worse as they heat up, but the problem is usually easy to pick up on a road test. But the converter on a Hyundai will fail and the catalyst will break up into pieces, caused by the effect of heat and the exhaust gases, and will fill the outlet of the converter shell and block the exhaust almost completely.

The first one we saw was a diagnostic challenge. If you suspect a problem with the catalytic converter, don’t forget that it’s right under the exhaust manifold. Remove the O2 sensor to access pre-converter exhaust gases to either test the pressure or provide a path for the gases. If you get one of these cars in and detect that it has wet spark plugs with good spark, yet it won’t fire even after the cylinders have been dried out and the new plugs have been installed, the next thing I would check is the exhaust.

Be sure to also check the motor oil, since it likely needs to be changed. It may have to be done as part of the drying-out process. Depending on how long the customer tried to start the car, the crankcase may have quarts of gas mixed in with the oil. Even if the crankcase isn’t overfilled, always recommend the oil change.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Running only on Cly.2,4,6