Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Rr.ABS

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 04:41 PM

1997 Honda Passport 2WD, recently garaged to install: New Rotors,front from summit racing x-drilled, rear brembo, new pads, braided steel brake lines from indy4xboth front and back, calmini add a leaf rear, calmini torsion bars front, the 3b''s bushings, bearings, balljoints. all went well... however brake pedal goes to the floor when engine is on. I did bleed the brakes, 2 person and purchased mityvac mv7000 at sears and vac bleed, still same, pedal has no resistance when engine on,please help!

Old 10-03-2008, 06:25 PM

If you let the brake fluid get low enough to suck air into the master cylinder you might have to take it off and bench bleed it first. I had trouble after installing my brake lines too (also indy4x). For some reason the mity vac just made things worse. First time its let me down. I dont blame the brake lines, just the oddball isuzu system. I ended up digging out the old cheapy $6 one man brake bleeder kit (plastic bottle with magnet and a section of tubing) and that managed to get it bled. Took a long time of pumping the brake pedal by hand to build any pressure at first to be able to use it.

Also, I just remembered. You have to follow a certain procedure for bleeding the brakes...
1. Pull the ABS fuse. Its in the engine bay fuse box. If you dont it wont open the ABS valves to allow it to bleed.
2. Have the engine running while bleeding. Failure to do that can damage the vacuum booster.
3. Bleed passenger rear, drivers rear, passenger front, drivers front in that order.

Old 10-04-2008, 01:56 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, My passport only has rear wheel abs so it doesn''t have fuse.I bled the brakes with the engine off, hope no damage has been done, will bleed with the engine on and post updates.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:31 AM

The Helm manual for ''91-''92 Rodeos says to have ENGINE RUNNING bleed the ANTILOCK (ISOLATION/DUMP) VALVEfirst, then LEFT REAR, RIGHT REAR, LEFT FRONT, RIGHT FRONT in that order. Since your Passport only has rear antilock brakes, I''m pretty sure the procedure is the same.Hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Lefty249 Guy