Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

readiness

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:12 PM
Default readiness

Anyone know a good way to get my 2001 Rodeo ecu back to readiness so I get the emissions inspected? Had it in for the inspection and they had to clear a code which put all monitors in the non-ready phase. MY daughter has been driving it around for a few days now thru many drive cycles but so far no luck. Any tips would be welcomed. Thanks

Old 01-14-2010, 10:35 PM

your going to have to put about 100-150 miles on the car in order to give the ECU any mchance of reaching readiness. And it only takes 8-10 min to reset the ECU on the vehicle so leaving it unhooked won't accomplish anynthing.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Default readiness

Thanks for the reply. Not sure what you mean by leaving it "unhooked." Leaving what "unhooked." My daughter has been driving it since tuesday and so far, as of friday, its still not back. Maybe it needs more driving??

Old 01-15-2010, 08:40 PM

i mean leaving the battery unhooked. do you have an OBD2 scanner, if not the folks at autozone can tell you if it in readiness and whether or not you have a CEL on. What did the inspection shop say was the reason for the light being on or did they just erase the codes and tell you to come back in a few days?

Old 01-16-2010, 08:49 AM
Default readiness

NO, dont have a scanner. Going to get one. MY daughter brought the car in for emissions inspection with a check engine light on. IT read a code that said the egr valves were dirty. They were cleaned, code cleared (which puts everything into "not_ready." They drove the car around hoping to get it all back into readiness but no such luck. They attached a little gizmo to where you would connect a scanner and said to bring the car back when the light on the gizmo went green. My daughter has driven the car around since tuesday - back and forth to work but it is still not showing green. I'd guess since tuesday it has been driven about 100 miles or so. WHat is CEL???

Old 01-17-2010, 03:04 PM

CEL stands for Check Engine Light. Never heard of a gizmo that plugs into the scanner connection that tell you when you've reached readiness. Weird that it woudn't have reached readiness since then though.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Default readiness

No check engine light on NOW. It was when we took it in for inspection, however.
The little gizmo is glowing red after having at least 150 miles put on the car since we took it in. I put about 30 miles on it myself today hoping it would go green.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:39 AM

sometimes not all the time but sometimes a system will be unable to reconfigure itself if there is a bad sensor or a bad part(ex: a dirty EGR valve) which will not allow the system to perform the calibrations and fufill the computer's need to calibrate itself which will cause the system to never reach full readiness. take it back to the shop and see which of the systems is not reaching readiness and hope it;s the same problem. If so then you are going to have to either clean or replace the EGR valve. Cleaning them is a fairly simple process on most valves you will need a new gasket a can or B12 carburetor cleaner and some pipe cleaners. make sure you also clean out the passages in the intake manifold and the pipe that runs back to the catalytic converter as well.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:00 PM

the did that which was the original cause of the CEL. I need one more monitor to reach readiness than I'm good to go.