Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

power steering pump_need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 06:27 PM

I exchanged my power steering pump for a other on (salvage yard).
The screw that attaches the high pressure hose has a hole on the bottom and two on the side above the tread. I assume that these holes need to line up with the hole in the high pressure hose (within the metal ring of the connector).
My problem is that there is no way i can get them to line up. My nut is marked at the top (to keep track of the allignment), but the nut only tightens when the marker is at the position such that the holes are at 90 degrees. I am wondering if this closes up my system (hence my new pump is not working...)

There is a metal pin on the top of the hose connector that falls into a metal slot on the plate attached to the pump unit. This metal pin on the connector is bend and damaged. This might be why things dont line up?

Can anybody tell me if the misalignment can lock up (block) the flow? There is a small grove in the connector that i thought would still allow fluid to pass through from the pump to the hose (escpecially under pressure) even if things are not alligned. But i got a feeling it needs to be alligned, or else that nut would not be marked...

Who can help me get my suzi back on the road?
I hope the pics help the description of my text?
[img]uploads/vincenelly/DSC00643_small.jpg[/img]

[img]uploads/vincenelly/DSC00646_small.jpg[/img]
Vincent