Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

Perplexing Sputtering Rodeo

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Default Perplexing Sputtering Rodeo

I have a 97 rodeo and 3 mechanics so far have not been able to figure out the problem. Just paid $200 labor today with no results.
When I start it up and let it run for 15 minutes or so it will do fine the rest of the day at least in warm weather. Heres were it gets strange, when I start it and then get out of the truck before its warm it will kill the engine, like because of the slight shake from getting out or when I close the door. Also, when i go over bumps before it is fully warm it will sputter but then pick up again immediately.
The computer gave several codes, one being an O2 sensor which I changed and seemed to make it worse. It seems to be something electrical with the computer and fuel mixture or injection? If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help.
The check engine light is on now but when the problem wasnt as bad before it would not always stay on. One more thing, when i start it up if I dont rev it just right and give too much gas or not enough it will sputter out...