Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

no power,hard starting.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:37 PM

I have 1994 rodeo ,hesitation and no power seems as if it is running on 2 cylinders.wont rev up at all.this all happend after i lost the serpintine belt. we checked compression and check the codes it blinks 12 the one two code. it ran fine whem i first got it.now the the thing wont hit 30mph. its not knocking.....good the catylatic converter do this or maybe bad alternator.????? any help would be very helpful. btw checked fuel filter its good. i have a 93 thats a 5speed so im good on parts.

the spark plugs are black...thanx guys[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2008, 11:14 PM

black spark plugs would mean running way too rich (unless they are wet which usually means oil). Didnt think ''94 had serpentine belts, thought they had individual v-belts. You dont mean the timing belt do you?

Old 11-16-2008, 08:11 PM

it a 94 and has serpitine belts and v-belts.. serpintine belt the alternator,fan off the crank.the power steering has a v-belt and ac.

the plugs are black this all happend quickly when you hold the throttle to the floor it bogs out and barely revs to 2,000rpms. could it be the timing sensor? ill check that tomorow. i replaced the coil pack yesterday and map sensor. the computer is showing no codes and the the 94 3.2 can not be plugged in to diagnostics machine there nieghbor saud there was no codes for that year...strange????

the previous owner had all kinds of noen lights and other useless electronics wired into the rodeo.im removing all unessacary objects that wired up to this thing. could i have a ground somewhere? good a bad ground "fry" the computer. the 93 i have is a manaul so i cant use the compueter from it rite???

thanx guys.[img]smileys/smiley7.gif[/img]