Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

No fuel no injector power 93 v6

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:03 AM
Default No fuel no injector power 93 v6

Hey guys new here first post. I hit a bump and my rodeo shut off. I thought fuel pump but when I connected it straghit to the battery it worked. I'm getting power to the fuse box but no power to the pump. Also I'm not getting electrical to the fuel injectors. If I power a cap full of gas in the throttle body it will fire fir a second. So I am getting spark. I aslo switched out the relay with no change.
Any thoughts before I bringnit to a shop?
Thanks all!
Chad.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:26 PM

I know you said you switched out the relay but here are a couple of tests you can try, as technicians will try this first anyway.
--------------
fuel pump relay...

Fuel Pump Circuit
Chart A-5 Fuel Pump Relay Circuit

Circuit Description
When the ignition switch is turned "ON", the Engine Control Module (ECM) will activate the fuel pump relay and operate the in tank fuel pump. The fuel pump will operate as long as the engine is cranking or running and the ECM is receiving ignition reference pulses. If there are no reference pulses, the ECM will shut "OFF" the fuel pump within 2 seconds after key "ON".

Test Description
Numbers below refer to circled numbers on the diagnostic chart.
  1. Checks for the presence Battery Position Voltage at switching portion of fuel pump relay.
  2. Checks circuit between fuel pump relay and ground (including the fuel pump).
  3. This test will confirm if voltage is available to the relay coil.
Diagnostic Aids
A visual inspection of wiring and connectors should be made if an intermittent problem exists.

For further information, refer to Intermittent Check Procedure .

------------------
just more info

Fuel Pump Circuit

PURPOSE
Allows the ECM control over fuel pump operation.

Fuel Pump Relay Connector

In the fuse/relay center, in the engine compartment.

OPERATION
When ignition is switched "RUN" position (engine not running), ECM energizes fuel pump relay for two seconds, causing fuel pump to pressurize fuel system. If ECM does not receive ignition reference pulses (engine cranking or running) within two seconds, it will de-energize relay, stopping fuel pump.

After the engine starts, the ECM uses the signal from the electronic ignition module to determine if the engine is running. If the signal is interrupted, the ECM will not energize the fuel pump. This prevents the fuel from operating when the engine is not running.