Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

New Rodeo owner with a few questions....

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 08:31 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
Hello, new Rodeo owner here. Just picked up a 2000 LS w/ 88k miles. Truck runs pretty good. Only has minor things wrong with it. Its got the driveshaft bump which i think im going to fix this coming weekend. Then its got the popping door hinges. I do not know too much about the trucks past. The guy i bought it from said he did normal maintenance the 3 years he had it.

Right now the tranny seems to shift fine and be ok, but wondering if i should do anything to it since its running fine now. I guess I will be having to do timing belt, water pump, tensioner sometime soon too since its at 88k. Anything else you think I need to do with it?
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>

Old 05-19-2008, 09:52 PM

You can get brass bushings to replace the plastic ones in the door hinges to get rid of the popping.

More inf here

If its an automatic I would get the trans pans dropped, filter changed, and refilled just to be sure. Some lazy or misinformed mechanics think they are sealed transmissions and dont need servicing. They should have this done every 30k miles or so. The GM 4L30e transmission doesnt like to be neglected. Do not get a flush, that usually kills them.

The t-belt, tensioner, water pump is good to do. Isuzu increased the service interval on them though to 100k miles so you have time before it needs done. Usually the tensioner or water pump go out before the belt is bad. If it does break no damage will be done since the 3.2 engines are non interferance fit engines.

When you get a chance check/replace brake pads. I bought mine at 88k as well and the pad were shot. But the previous owner apparently wasnt very good at driving since the clutch was burned up.

Differential fluids (and t-case fluid if 4wd) could probably also be replaced when convenient. Mine was all original and pretty nasty looking.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:16 AM

Any recommendation on where to take to get tranny fluids changed? Dealer? Also, should I take them the fluid i want them to put in? Any suggestions on that? I appreciate your help! </>
< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>

< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-44";
urchinTracker();
</>Edited by: amc5

Old 05-20-2008, 06:29 PM

Not real sure on where would be best to take it. I have a 5 speed so havent had to deal with that. Dealer would know what they are doing but could be expensive. As long as the guy knows what he's doing and doesnt try to tell you its a sealed trans or gets confused by the fact there is no trans dip stick then they should be ok. They should have the right trans fluid wherever you take it. Not sure on the best to use but I've always been partial to valvoline products.