Rodeo Talk about Isuzu Rodeo related topics here...

My Cursed 2001 Rodeo sport

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 09:06 PM

Hello All,I want to tell you about my experience with this Rodeo sport. I live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and when it snows this ride really shines.It does a very good job of getting me home, even when the axles are pushing the snow. Unfortunately this is where my "good" experience ends.

This is absolutely the worst vehicle that I have ever owned. When I bought it I was determined to get 200,000 miles out of it and, not being a quitter, I will keep this ride to use during the Winter seasons to come and buy a car for my regular transportation.It currently has93400 miles on it. I have had more repairs to this vehicle than all of my previous rides put together. ( And I am 42 years old )

After looking this site over I feel that I am in for more repairs in the future but I will list the ones made on my Isuzu as best as I can remember.

1) The windshield seal had to be repaired
2) The soleniod that actuates the 4 wheel drive was replaced.
3) The right rear brake light has been replaced twice.
4) The CD player quit at 54,000 miles.
5) The cruise control will not work when the weather is cold.
6) All four rotors were replaced.
7) The head gasket was blown and had to be replaced, This also required the the Computer to be recalibrated. I know not why?
8) The fuel pump was replaced.
9) At five different times I had to have sensors replaced.
10) The hood latch had to be adjusted because it would not lock into the closed position.
11) The Rodeo now burns oil and I have to keep a quart of oil with me to add when needed.
12) The latest problem, which I am dealing with now, is the fan motor for the A/C and heat. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I pulled the fan motor and hooked it up to my tractor battery and it ran like Hell. I took the dash apart and looked at the fan speed selector switch and it was operational also. After reassembly the fan works fine. As usual with this vehicle I don't know what to do.

Lesson learned: Do not buy an Isuzu!